With a combined professional experience in excess of 120 years, the key personnel of AG have conducted numerous environmental projects. These projects range from straightforward services, such as soil sampling following removal of underground storage tanks to Phase I, II and III environmental assessments, to SWAT investigations, to complex soil/ground water remediation and air quality monitoring.
Effective soil and ground water remediation projects are not the result of application of simple off-the-shelf technologies. They require proper design, planning, implementation and monitoring. AG has a proven track record of initiation and completion of a wide variety of remediation sites.
When applicable, AG puts emphasis on in-situ methods of soil remediation to minimize costs and site disruption. Various hydrocarbon-impacted sites in California and Nevada are currently under remediation using in-situ, soil vapor extraction for volatile organic compounds, with and without air starting. AG has initiated, managed and completed dual phase extraction systems at numerous sites.
Ex-situ soil remediation methods have been applied at sites with limited hydrocarbon-impacted soil, metals-impacted soil for on-site treatment (fixation and/or stabilization), and at sites where rapid remediation has been required for planned site usage. AG has utilized ground water extraction at sites with impacted ground water requiring extraction for plume control and/or treatment for such contaminants as fuel hydrocarbons, MTBE, chlorinated hydrocarbons, and metals.
AG's Air Quality Division has conducted a wide variety of projects since its inception. These include numerous asbestos and lead-based paint surveys, facility permit plans, ambient and/or indoor air quality monitoring projects, source testing, and air quality assessments and emissions inventories for EPA and local regulatory health hazard assessments. In addition, AG has assisted the Native American community in implementing air quality research under US-EPA Clean Air Act (103) grants. Numerous Native American tribes have benefited from AG's air quality expertise. Working closely with Tribal staff and the US-EPA, services have included development of Air Quality Assessments, Emission Inventories, Quality Assurance Project Plans, and training plans, as well as purchase and installation of equipment, field training for operation and quality control, conducting performance audits for data validation, and analysis of the collected samples. Training, laboratory support, and field audits are ongoing projects for the majority of the Tribal Environmental Protection Agencies.
One of the most important objectives of AG is to adhere to the highest standards of excellence. This goal is achieved by maintaining an active quality assurance program. This program is implemented in every aspect of the work such as field operations, data evaluation, report preparation, client consultation, and regulatory agency interaction. The quality assurance program includes a project level scientist review followed by a quality assurance officer review of all out going reports.
Health And Safety Programs
The entire professsional and field staff of AG has received training as specified in the OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard [29 CFR 1910.120(e)]. Additionally, professional and field personnel are required to attend safety refresher seminars to reinforce proper safety procedures.
A Health and Safety Plan is prepared for each specific site to provide personal protection to field personnel and to have contingency measures in place to address unforeseen problems. Adherence to the safety protocols is strictly enforced to assure that our employees and clients are protected to the greatest extent possible.
Licensing and Certifications
AG maintains a variety of licenses and professional registrations, including:
- California Contractor’s License (A, C-57, Hazardous Waste Removal Certificate)
- Washington State Contractor’s License
- California Professional Geologist
- Washington Licensed Geologist
- Nevada Certified Environmental Manager
- Arizona Registered Geologist
- Texas Professional Geologist
- Oregon Registered Geologist
- CIH - Certified Industrial Hygienist
- Registered Environmental Property Assessor
- Certified Asbestos Consultant (CA)
- AHERA Certified Building Inspector
- Certified Site Surveillance Technician (CA)
- Department of Public Health Lead Paint Inspector/Assessor (CA)
- Department of Public Health Lead Paint Project Monitor (CA)
- QISP - Qualified Industrial Stormwater Practitioner (CA)
- QSP - Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (CA)
- QSD - Qualified SWPPP Developer (CA)
- Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead (WA)
- Registered Environmental Professional
- Certified Waste Management Professional
- Certified Environmental Safety and Compliance Officer
- Certified Environmental Storm Water Compliance Professional
AG maintains full insurance coverage. This coverage includes:
- Professional Liability (Errors and Omissions)
- General Liability
- Workers' Compensation
- Auto Insurance for Company Vehicles